Information has assumed greater significance than ever as a vital resource in teaching- learning process. The complementary role of the library as an inevitable partner in an educational institute needs no new mention. Many new dimensions have been added to the library. Electronic information resource as an important component of the library in growing year after year. The computer has swept the library in all it is operations-storage and dissemination of information.
The college library started five years ago in a humble way has grown in many directions fulfilling the ever increasing information needs of the departments on one hand and keeping abreast of the emerging technologies relating to library.
The college is satisfied on the achievements of the library. There is need for a special mention on a few counts:
1. The Library is extensively utilized. Special care is taken to educate and encourage its users on the importance of reading.
2. Text books are made available maintaining reasonable student- book ratio.
3. Special care has been taken to develop digital library with air – conditioned facility.
4. All operations are automated using standard software.
5. There are optimum number of persons on the staff of the library, and
6. The volume of library services provided to the users are highly satisfactory.
The management of the college has granted special attention on development of the library as a hub on the campus. The library has determined program to create best services possible. This can be very well assessed through the large budgetary allocations made for the materials and services. Ambitious programs are afoot for further improvement of the service.
Library Area : 579.71Sq. m.
Seating Capacity : 150
The collection of the library comprises of the following:
|Total No. of Volumes||- 16798|
|Total No. of Titles||- 4142|
|National Periodicals||- 51+21|
|International Periodicals||- 40|
|CD Collection (Text books & Magazines)||- 745|
|Back volumes of Periodicals||- 898|
Every bonafide student and teaching faculties, non- teaching staff of the college are entitled to make use of the resources of the library.
The Library is open on all working days from 9.00 am to 6.30 pm. Books circulation from 9.30 am to 5.30 pm.
|Category||No. of Cards||Period|
|UG Students||3||15 Days|
|PG Students||6||15 Days|
|Non-Teaching Staff||3||15 Days|
In order to provide access to electronic sources of information, digital library is started with air – conditioned facility. The following services are available:
- IEEE e-Journals Available (ASPP - Engineering Package)
- DELNET and ASTM DL (Digital Library) Over 1700 EBooks & Over 13,000 Journals and Articles available.
- INFOTRAC ENGINEERING, SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY COLLECTION (IESTC) – Gale Cengage Learning (Total titles -1152,Currentfull-text-587, Abstracts-2)
- ICT Academy of Tamilnadu membership (ICTACT)
- National programme on Technology Enhanced Learning (NPTEL) video courses for various departments are available.
- Access to free open source journals and books.
- 14 PC provided to access the e.journals to the students.
OPAC (Online Public Access Catalogue)
Students can browse the library database by clicking the key words like - Author, Title, Subject, etc. available in OPAC. Status of the book and user can also be checked.
Automation & Bar Code
The library operations are fully automated using the “INSPRO PLUS” package. And all the books are maintained with barcode facility.
Back volumes of Journals are neatly bound and arranged for reference.
The electronic Library section has a rich collection of more than 450 CD-ROMS.
Audio Visual Section
To view the educational video programmes audio video section has been arranged for faculty members and students.
Reprography and Scan
Photocopying facility is available. Nominal charge is collected for photocopying.
Document scanning and printing facility in the library are available.
- The library is headed by a Librarian.
- Library staff members are encouraged to participate in the seminars, workshops,Training program, etc.
Besides the central library, each department maintains a small collection consisting of frequently used materials by staff and students.